Key Relationships: Leadership Giving Administrator, Director of Individual Giving & Advancement Services, Vice President of Development, Artistic Administrator
Job Description: Opera Philadelphia is seeking a temporary part-time Events Coordinator to execute development events over a 14-week period while the Director of Events is on maternity leave. Events will include seven (7) digital online events, as well as two (2) in-person gatherings. The successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced atmosphere where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm. Exceptional attention to detail, first-class organizational skills, familiarity with online events, and the ability to work occasional evenings is required. This dynamic position will report to the Leadership Giving Administrator and will work in a team environment to produce these events.
- Work with the Director of Events prior to her departure to review detailed Opera Philadelphia events plan from September through November 19, 2021
- Execute logistics of all Opera Philadelphia events from September through November 2021. This will include seven digital events and two in-person events.
- For virtual events, confirm all details with participants including guest artists and execute these events via Zoom
- For in-person events, serve as the point person with all third-party vendors, including venue staff, caterers, AV, printers, and designers to confirm and implement event details and contracts, and serve as on-site logistics coordinator
- Partner with the Leadership Giving Administrator to execute event communications, including digital and/or print invitations, follow ups, and reminders
- Execute administrative duties for all donor events such as printing event materials, placing signage and nametags, and speaking notes
- Maintain company-wide calendar for all events as a central location for all Opera Philadelphia staff and keep relevant and participating staff members appraised of event details
- Document attendance reports for both online and in-person events and deliver to Leadership Giving Administrator
- Equivalent of at least two years of experience running high-end events.
- Experience running and executing online events, as well as a proficiency in Zoom
- While this is a mainly work-form-home position, attendance is required for in-person events.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner to complete assignments when faced with many deadlines and competing priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook, and Zoom.
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively in high pressured situations
- Strong work ethic, professional manner, high standards, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment is essential
- Discretion, maturity, and composure, especially under pressure
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Interest/knowledge in opera, music, or the performing arts is a plus
Commitment & Compensation: This is a paid position, expected to run 14 weeks, starting August 16, 2021 through November 19, 2021. A commitment of 8-16 hours per week, with at least a portion of those during office hours of 9am-5pm, is required. Compensation is on a per-hour basis, starting at $25 per hour commensurate with experience.
Position Start Date: August 16, 2021
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements.
Opera Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.